The tasks are based on law
The National Emergency Supply Agency was established by the Security of Supply Act. The Decree on the National Emergency Supply Agency defines its most important tasks:
- acting as secretariat for the National Board of Economic Defence
- maintaining security of supply stockpiles
- promoting and co-ordinating public authorities’ readiness to manage and guide the national economy in emergency situations
- promoting the readiness planning of companies
- ensuring the functioning of the national technical infrastructures
- safeguarding the production of necessary goods and services under emergency conditions
- analysing threats against security of supply and drawing up plans for countermeasures
- maintaining relations to similar bodies and agencies in other countries.
The Council of State defines the objectives for security of supply.
The present objectives were defined in 2013; Decision of the Council of State nr 857/5.12.2013.